Quick Notes On RRP:
- Who should take this class? Contractors and their employees who perform work which disturbs painted surfaces in pre-1978 homes and buildings occupied by children.
- What facilities does it apply to? The following structures built before 1978: residential homes, apartments, and buildings occupied by children—examples include schools and daycares.
- What are the requirements? Firms must be certified and their employees must received training from an accredited instructor regarding the use of safe work practices around lead in order to minimize occupants’ exposure.
- Refresher courses are required before the 5 year anniversary of your successful completion of this initial RRP class. If you miss that date, you will be required to take the full 8-hour class again. Click here for your refresher course.
- What is the definition of renovation? Renovation can be defined as any activity which disturbs painted surfaces. This would include most types of repair, maintenance, and remodeling. It also includes window replacement.
Much of this information was paraphrased directly from the EPA and for more details check with the EPA official site
Thank you for choosing Allstate Services for your Renovation Repair And Painting Certification needs.